A skilled and knowledgeable workforce is proven to enhance the productivity and lower the costs of manufacturing by producing high quality welds with little rework.
Welder Training Course Overview
Giving the tools to recognize issues in advance often results in costly rework being avoided. BMT offers welder training to companies wishing to provide orientation to new welders, to advance the skill levels and knowledge of their current workforce, and who are looking to introduce new welding technologies to the workplace. The training can be provided on a one-on-one basis or in large groups, either in BMT's facility or at the client's location.
Each training course can be customized to the company's specific requirements and may involve theoretical and practical work as follows:
- Characteristics and properties of materials, welding power sources and equipment
- How to set up welding equipment for the specific process
- Material storage, preparation and cleaning requirements
- Equipment maintenance tips
- Various welding techniques; weld faults and rework.
- Familiarization of the welding power source and equipment set-up specific to the process and materials used
- Weld production in tee joints where techniques will be given to fine the arc, perform stops and starts and optimize bead profiles
- Groove welds (optional depending on the level of training requested)
Training can be provided to those wishing to become certified as a welder to either American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) or Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) standards. This training focuses on the specific requirements for each test and position of welding for the specific welding process(es). In addition, each welder will be shown how to extract, prepare and test coupons from their test assembly so they are familiar with the testing process.
Testing can be performed at BMT's facility where witnessing can be arranged with the certifying body. Testing dates are mutually agreed upon with the certifying body representative; however, it is preferred that the testing occurs as soon after the training has been provided.