BMT has supported the energy sector in a variety of ways, including through-life support marine solutions for tailings ponds.
BMT Fleet Technology’s leadership in marine design and engineering has been applied to numerous tailings pond projects in the Athabasca region. Customers rely on BMT's engineering assurance for feasibility evaluation, design, technical review, implementation and through-life support of critical tailings pond assets.
Services offered include:
- Expert design of marine products such as mobile and fixed barges, environmental platforms, service/support boats, floating walkways, pipelines, ramps, process infrastructure
- End-to-end solution development and project implementation of tailings ponds dredges, boats and marine equipment and services in oil sands production
- Technical assurance services specializing in analysis, modeling and compliance for moorings, environmental simulation, hydrodynamics, vendor quality assurance, dredge specification, marine construction, codes, impacts and repair
- Naval architecture and engineering solutions featuring vessel surveys, inspection, Transport Canada registration, stability design and books, classification society submissions and inclining experiments
- Specialized support of complex program management through strategic guidance in the management of large scale projects