BMT can provide support for independent third party validation and verification meeting government procurement requirements.
The goal of independent verification and validation (IV&V) is to ensure the intended outcome and work product of a project meets the formal specifications and that progress is being made according to plan. It can be thought of as "Project Due Diligence" since it is an investigation of performance and risk based on standards and best practices.
- An in-depth review of the foundational project documents (e.g., charter, scope statement, business case justification, selection criteria)
- A review of project status documents, meeting minutes, etc.
- A review of the various planning documents (project plan, communication plan, risk management information, regulatory compliance plans, test plans and acceptance criteria, etc.)
- Interviews with the project sponsor, stakeholders and various team members
- In-depth reviews of the technical components and approaches within the program