BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a full-time Technician/Technologist position as a Machinist to support our growing materials, welding, instrumentation and metallurgical preparation activities in our Asset Performance Services (APS) Business Unit.
BMT is a global independent consultancy, specializing in engineering, science and management services in the energy, defence and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned professionals.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
Reporting to the Materials Business Unit Leader this role will strengthen our current APS capability and bandwidth with current and new clients.
The successful candidate will have a combination of the following:
- 5+ years of experience, preferably with a technologist certificate and the desire to work and learn with a talented team
- Experienced in steel component machining and cutting
- Ability to read drawings and follow directions
- Non-CNC machining experience
- Ability to work on tasks independently and as part of a team
- Mechanical system aptitude
- College diploma or like certifications of machining capability
- Welding experience
- Metallurgical sample preparation
Instrumentation experience and Mechanical testing would be considered an asset.
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Machinist” in the subject line;
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered;
- A resume outlining work experience and education; and
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com