Structural Integrity Analyst
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a Structural Integrity Analyst.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The successful candidate will have an educational background and some practical experience in mechanical and/or structural engineering. As a member of the Asset Performance Services group, you will join a small team of outstanding professionals and will support the growing pipeline and structural integrity management activities.
The primary focus will be in the application of fatigue and fracture assessment tools with non-linear finite element analysis for research and consulting projects. This will involve the consideration of both structural and material non-linearity in finite element analysis to complete fatigue, fracture, strength and buckling assessments. This position will be a great opportunity for the right individual to develop engineering skills and will evolve with your experience, capability and the variety of projects identified within the team.
The successful candidate will have:
- An engineering post graduate university degree (MASc or PhD) in mechanical, aerospace or structural engineering
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with numerical modelling
- A strong background with ANSYS and APDL macro language are considered essential
- Experience with LS DYNA and Abaqus are considered an asset
- In depth knowledge and understanding of non-linear numerical modelling (large deformation, material nonlinearity, contact, buckling)
- An understanding of fatigue and fracture assessment procedures
- Understanding of material behavior is required
- Reliability Security Clearance or the ability to obtain
- Professional Engineering registration or the ability to obtain, is considered an asset
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Understanding of fatigue and fracture mechanics concepts
- Experience in preparation of technical reports
- Familiarity with pipeline or oil and gas industries
- Familiarity with the marine industry
- The ability to liaise with other engineering disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Structural Integrity Analyst” in the subject line;
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered;
- A resume outlining work experience and education; and
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org