Senior Program Services Consultant
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a Senior Program Services Consultant.
BMT is a leading international management, design, engineering, science and technology consultancy with a reputation for excellence. We're driven by a belief that things can always be better, safer, faster and more efficient.
BMT is an Employee Benefit Trust which lets us invest in our people and in high-quality research so that we can continue advancing our leading-edge projects such as designing the world's most advanced aircraft carrier, creating our virtual reality platform and participating with the European Space Agency development team. In Canada, we are playing a vital role supporting DND in the procurement of the future naval fleet, setting up a new DND analytics capability, establishing future training needs and capabilities and designing a cyber defence framework.
The Program Services team in BMT Canada helps customers to deliver complex programs through the integration of program management and systems engineering. The result is that customers maintain a clear picture of their goals and how they are being realized, which builds the understanding they need to make informed decisions and achieve success. Our personnel are primarily deployed into our customer base providing hands on guidance to customers who need temporary guidance and support to implement fundamental transformational changes.
Your work will be primarily focused on framing challenges, charting strategy, and scaling organizational change initiatives to help define and achieve a customer's goals. Learn more about the solutions we are providing to customers at https://www.bmt.org/sectors/
A Senior Program Services Consultant at BMT Canada has the following responsibilities:
- Work with our customers to re-frame complex business challenges;
- Engage the customer using innovative methods to collaborate, lead structured idea generation sessions, deliver quality solutions, and iterate to improve them;
- Quickly estimate and develop strategies for implementing project work and pursuing opportunities;
- Identify new opportunities to realize value – with existing and/or new customers;
- Measure strategic, financial, and operational ROI;
- Drive behavioral change and change adoption;
- Proactively manage customer and BMT work requirements;
- Structure, plan and implement initiatives (strategy to operations);
- Articulate value propositions and develop and present compelling cases for change in a way that is creative and inspiring;
- Develop trusted relationships with key decision-makers across customer organizations;
- Actively collaborate with BMT Canada leadership to develop markets and customers; and
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Be someone who wants to make a difference;
- Minimum 8 years of internal or external consulting experience related to successful delivery of work in the disciplines of enterprise transformation or organizational change;
- Minimum 8 years of experience related to successful delivery of work in one or more of the following areas:
- Culture Change Programs;
- Leadership Development;
- Performance Management;
- Change Management or Strategy;
- Project and Program Management;
- Risk Management;
- Training needs analysis and design; and
- Project Controls Office setup and management.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience;
- Minimum 2 years of finance and procurement experience to a federal agency;
- Management experience leading teams reporting directly or indirectly to you;
- A Degree level qualification in a managerial or technical discipline;
- Level II (Secret) Security Clearance or the ability to obtain; and
- Minimum one professional certification such as PMP, P.Eng.
- Ability to innovate and challenge norms;
- Ability to lead with situational dependent styles;
- Agile work style, open to iteration and flexible to change approach/direction;
- Ability to execute as part of the delivery team;
- Ability to generate new, creative approaches to solve problems and create opportunities; and
- Ability to articulate with good presentation and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience within large complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, shifting priorities, and significant budgets;
- Experience with transformational change initiatives pursuing a standardized certification such as CMMI;
- Working knowledge of one or more Canadian Government agencies such as Health Canada or the Department of National Defence;
- Experience with account management; and
- Exposure to Canadian procurement practices and activities such as requests for proposals, vendor selections, or treasury board submissions.
At BMT, we appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure. As an Employee Benefit Trust, we ensure that our people have access to the training and mentoring that they need to be the best at what they do. We constantly strive to improve our working environment as well as providing everyone with the tools and applications they need to do their roles effectively. Professionally, we are genuinely independent and have the freedom to put our customers and employees first.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Senior Program Services Consultant” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.