Senior Combat Systems Engineer
BMT Fleet Technology Limited (BMT) is recruiting for a Senior Combat Systems Engineer.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The role is based in Ottawa, Ontario.
The successful candidate will have a combination of the following:
- A relevant university degree in engineering, preferably at the Masters level, or a provincial, state or federal (national) licence to practice as a professional engineer;
- At least 10 years of experience in the application of systems engineering principles to combat systems;
- Level II (Secret) Security Clearance or the ability to obtain;
- The ability to lead and contribute to the design and development of the combat systems components of engineering changes;
- Experience in leading or conducting engineering assessments, feasibility studies and technical investigations;
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards and their impact on design;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to lead technical teams; and
- Naval experience would be an asset.
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT Fleet Technology Limited, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Senior Combat Systems Engineer” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMT Fleet Technology
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.