Senior Marine Systems Engineer
BMT Fleet Technology Limited (BMT) is recruiting for a Senior Marine Systems Engineer.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The role is based in Ottawa, Ontario.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Possess a university degree in mechanical, aerospace, or marine systems engineering or applied science;
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer (or be eligible to apply);
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- The ability to work in a team environment;
- Able to obtain a Secret security clearance;
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in marine systems engineering within the last 15 years. This includes experience in ship design, including new design, updates to existing design, and knowledge and application of regulations and standards and their impact on design;
- Possess experience working within a design team on a ship construction or modernisation project;
- Possess experience leading a design team in the engineering of marine systems solutions for ships, including implementation of new systems or updates to existing system design;
- Past leadership experience in a shipyard environment, in the shipbuilding or ship repair industry is an asset; and
- Past naval service is an asset.
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT Fleet Technology Limited, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Senior Marine Systems Engineer” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMT Fleet Technology
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.